A public complaint process, used to identify possible instances of misconduct or misrepresentation by 3outof5.org, is an essential complement to the review and verification process in maintaining the integrity and value of 3outof5.org. Inquiries and complaints about 3outof5.org by concerned stakeholders are always welcome, and are reviewed through a formal process to determine if any actions regarding a company’s eligibility for the certification are appropriate.
3outof5.org will investigate any material, credible, and specific claims against 3outof5.org that falls in one of the two following categories:
- Intentional misrepresentation of practices, policies, or outcomes claimed within 3outof5.org .
- Breaches of 3outof5.org Community’s core values.
Among the types of cases that 3outof5.org generally will not independently investigate include:
- Complaints regarding individual customer service issues
- Complaints that are pending legal action and/or include accusations of illegal acts without a formal legal resolution
- Complaints that are not directly tied to 3outof5.org
- Complaints that themselves include illegal actions and/or threats
In many instances, there may be other mechanisms available for interested parties to raise complaints or resolve disputes with a company, including direct interaction with the 3outof5.org, or legal mechanisms through the appropriate regulatory agencies or the court of law.
If you believe a complaint falls within the above parameters, or are unsure, please submit a formal inquiry by taking the steps described below.
Send us your message, and please provide the following:
- Your name and contact information
- The specific details of your complaint
- Why the complaint is relevant for 3outof5.org specifically to examine
- Any additional context, including public records or evidence that are relevant to the issue
- Any supporting documentation and/or the details of any legal action taken./span>
- A subject line formatted as follows: Complaint Re: [Company Name]
Please note that all complaints are kept confidential and contact information is requested for follow up purposes only. We will seek the permission of any complainant before reaching out to a company regarding the issue.
3outof5.org staff aims to confirm receipt of complaints within 2-3 business days. The team will review the information provided and follow up if clarifications are necessary as part of its initial review, even if it has not yet been determined that a formal investigation is necessary.
If the complaint is within the above parameters and a precedent has not already been established regarding how similar cases should be addressed, 3outof5.org will conduct a full investigation and present the results to its independent Standards Advisory Council.
3outof5.org aims to have all initial reviews of complaints concluded within 90 days from receipt, and if a Standards Advisory Council review is necessary, to have a decision concluded within another 90 days. While these timeframes are not always as swift as stakeholders desire, it is important to ensure a thorough and objective process and arrive at a fair decision regarding the issue.
While 3outof5.org does not comment on complaints that are still in process, complainants will receive notification when a resolution is determined. This resolution may include a determination that a complaint does not fall within the parameters of the complaint process above.
Resolution of Complaints
Issues that fall within the parameters of the complaint process are resolved in one of the four following ways:
- 3outof5.org Certification is revoked
- Company is placed on probation, with specific remedies required to maintain the certification
- Certification is upheld, with disclosure made transparent on 3outof5.org public profile
- Certification is upheld
The decision of the Standards Advisory Council regarding the complaint may be appealed by the company directly to 3outof5.org. The resolution of such appeal by the Board of Directors is binding.
When resolution of a complaint involves the creation of a model for how similar complaints will be addressed going forward.
In cases where legal or regulatory action is possible, 3outof5.org complaint process relies on the outcomes of those judgments and does not conduct independent investigations as a means of preventing interference in other legal procedures and relying on the judgments of processes best suited to them. While 3outof5.org is not able to pursue a formal investigation in some instances, 3outof5.org will maintain a record of all issues to the extent legally allowed for ongoing monitoring, should it be appropriate to open an investigation at a later date. Any complaint can be reopened for further action should new information arise that warrants it.